DPhil awarded in 2013
Currently (January 2018): Laboratory Associate, Eurofins Clinical Genetics KK, Tokyo
Cell-type specific eQTLs in innate immune responses
Inflammation is dependent on a number of innate immune cell types. Transcriptome analysis on differentially developed primary lymphocytes will provide an insight into cell specific expression patterns in innate immune responses and help us to understand expression quantitative trait loci (eQTLs) in functionally relevant cells. This project I am involved aims to indentify splicing variations and allele-specific expression in a cell specific manner using primary cells, monocytes, B-cells and natural killer cells from healthy volunteers.
Previously I worked as a research technician in the Cardiovascular Research Center at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. The research was focused on the genetic basis of lone atrial fibrillation. For my master degree I studied on the molecular interaction of bacterial phytopathogen Xanthomonas oryzae and its host plant rice (Oryza sativa) in Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, USA.
Keywords: eQTL, immunity, splicing, allele-specific gene expression
- Ellinor, P.T. Lunetta, K.L. Glazer, N.L. Pfeufer, A. Alonso, A. Chung, M.K. Sinner, M.F. de Bakker, P.I. Mueller, M. Lubitz, S.A. Fox, E. Darbar, D. Smith, N.L. Smith, J.D. Schnabel, R.B. Soliman, E.Z. Rice, K.M. Van Wagoner, D.R. Beckmann, B.M. van Noord, C. Wang, K. Ehret, G.B. Rotter, J.I. Hazen, S.L. Steinbeck, G. Smith, A.V. Launer, L.J. Harris, T.B. Makino, S. Nelis, M. Milan, D.J. Perz, S. Esko, T. Köttgen, A. Moebus, S. Newton-Cheh, C. Li, M. Möhlenkamp, S. Wang, T.J. Kao, W.H. Vasan, R.S. Nöthen, M.M. MacRae, C.A. Stricker, B.H. Hofman, A. Uitterlinden, A.G. Levy, D. Boerwinkle, E. Metspalu, A. Topol, E.J. Chakravarti, A. Gudnason, V. Psaty, B.M. Roden, D.M. Meitinger, T. Wichmann, H.E. Witteman, J.C. Barnard, J. Arking, D.E. Benjamin, E.J. Heckbert, S.R. Kääb, S. (2010, 42, pp. 240-244, Nature Genetics) Common variants in KCNN3 are associated with lone atrial fibrillation.
- Watanabe, H. Kaiser, D.W. Makino, S. MacRae, C.A. Ellinor, P.T. Wasserman, B.S. Kannankeril, P.J. Donahue, B.S. Roden, D.M. and Darbar, D. (2009, 9, pp. 1327-1332, Heart Rhythm) ACE I/D polymorphism associated with abnormal atrial and atrioventricular condition in lone atrial fibrillation and structural heart disease: implications for electrical remodeling.
- Das, S. Makino, S. Melman, Y.F. Shea, M.A. Goyal, S.B. Rosenzweig, A. MacRae, C.A. and Ellinor, P.T. (2009, 8, pp. 1146-1153, Heart Rhythm) Mutation in the S3 segment of KCNQ1 results in familial lone atrial fibrillation.
- Kääb, S. Darbar, D. van Noord, C. Dupuis, J. Pfeufer, A. Newton-Cheh, C. Schnabel, R. Makino, S. Sinner, M.F. Kannankeril, P.J. Beckmann, B.M. Choudry, S. Donahue, B.S. Heeringa, J. Perz, S. Lunetta, K.L. Larson, M.G. Levy, D. MacRae, C.A. Ruskin, J.N. Wacker, A. Schömig, A. Wichmann H.E. Steinbeck, G. Meitinger, T. Uitterlinden, A.G. Witteman, J.C.M. Roden, D.M. Benjamin, E.J. Ellinor, P.T. (2009, 30, pp. 813-819, European Heart Journal) Large scale replication and meta-analysis of variants on chromosome 4q25 associated with atrial fibrillation.
- Wang, L. Makino, S. Subedee, A. and Bogdanove, A.J. (2007, 73, pp. 8023-27, Applied Environmental Microbiology) Novel candidate virulence factors in rice pathogen Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzicola as revealed by mutational analysis.
- Makino, S. Sugio, A. White, F. and Bogdanove, A.J. (2006, 19, pp. 240-9, Molecular Plant Microbe Interaction) Inhibition of resistance gene mediated defense in rice by Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzicola.